Below you will find the terms and conditions for both entering the PPA Awards 2020, and for booking to attend the PPA Awards event. Please make sure you have read these before submitting an entry or making a booking.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ENTERING
The PPA Awards 2021 (the "Awards") are administered by the Professional Publishers Association Limited ("PPA").
1. The Awards are open to United Kingdom based publishers of work originally published for and addressing the UK market. Material first published in other media, such as newspapers and books, is not eligible.
2. For the purposes of the Awards, "Magazine" is defined as any journal that is published on a regular basis, at least twice a year; and is sold or distributed independently of other publications (except "Customer Magazines" - see below). Newspaper supplements are not eligible.
3. For the purposes of the Awards, a "Customer Magazine" is a magazine (as opposed to a brochure, catalogue or newsletter), published at least twice a year by or on behalf of an organisation to communicate with its customers or potential customers.
4. The decisions on whether the requirements of the previous paragraphs are met will be made by the PPA and will be final.
5. The eligibility period for entries is between 1 January 2020 and 31 January 2021.
6. Persons completing entries commit that they are authorised to do so and agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions and the "Entering", "Categories" and booking form sections of the PPA Awards website.
7. The deadline for award entries is Monday 1 March at 12pm. Award entries must be submitted online. PPA reserves the right to cancel those entries (including supporting documentation) not received in full by Monday 15 March at 12pm.
8. Award entries costs are as follows: £140+VAT for PPA members and £280+VAT for non-members per entry and are not refundable ("Award Fees").
9. Award entries will be confirmed by PPA once the completed booking is received by PPA. Confirmation by PPA of the Award entry forms a binding commitment for payment of the full Award Fee(s) by the entrant.
10. All entry fees must be paid in GB Pounds Sterling (£). We prefer payment online via Stripe, our credit card processing partner.
11. If an invoice is requested, payment will be required on the earlier of a) 30 days from the date of invoice and b) 60 days before the start of the Awards (the "Due Date"). If payment is not received within these required time limits, PPA reserves the right to cancel the entry without notice. The invoice payment option is only available for PPA Members. Payment may be made by credit card or debit card, or bank transfer. Please indicate your Booking Reference and surname as a reference on all bank transfers and communications.
12. Entries may be withdrawn but are not refundable.
13. More than one category can be entered, but there are certain limitations (please see individual categories for details).
14. Descriptions of the winner's submissions and those on the shortlist will be published in connection with the Awards; by entering, you agree to reasonable use of your company and/or publication name in promotional material and news reporting.
15. Winning entries will be displayed at the Awards ceremony and on PPA websites; and as conditions of entry and/or acceptance of any award a licence is granted to PPA for these purposes.
16. Information supplied as part of entries will be treated as confidential and only used for the purposes of the Awards.
17. Judges have the right to determine the standard of an Award and to withhold an Award in any category if, in their view, entries are not of sufficient merit.
18. Judges may reallocate an entry to a different category.
19. The judges' decisions are final, and no judge will enter into conversation or correspondence about decisions that have been made.
20. The winner of each category will be announced at the Awards ceremony and dinner due to take place on Wednesday 23 June 2021. There will be no prior disclosure.
21. In the unlikely event that the PPA Awards 2021 has to become an online-only event due to COVID-19 restrictions, the judging process will remain the same and winners will be announced on June 23 as planned. No refunds will be given for entries in this instance.
22. These Terms and Conditions, together with the material listed at 6 above, constitute the entire agreement of the parties. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement.
23. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, entrants to the Awards agree not to hold PPA liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred in connection with entering the Awards, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through entering the Awards, attending the Awards, alteration of the Awards schedule, cancellation of the Awards, or any error or omission on the part of PPA. This provision does not reduce or restrict PPA's liability for death or personal injury caused by PPA's negligence or liability for fraud on the part of PPA.
24. These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with English law. The place of performance is London. Any disputes arising in relation to the interpretation of these terms and conditions or in relation to any agreement of which these terms and conditions form part, which cannot be settled amicably, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Professional Publishers Association Limited Registered in England no. 00132310
VAT Registration no. 341 1391 90
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING
1. The PPA Awards 2020 is an event administered by the Professional Publishers Association Limited ("PPA"), incorporating an online awards ceremony. It is scheduled to take place on 30 June 2020
2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions: (a) the "Event" means the Awards; (b) "Organiser" means the Professional Publishers Association Limited (PPA), a company registered in England, company number 00132310, registered address White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF; (c)"Delegate" means an individual, whether part of a group or otherwise, by whom (or on behalf of whom) a booking of a place to attend (attendance at) the Event has been made which has been confirmed by the Organiser and includes those registered as PPA Member Delegates and non-Member Delegates;
3. By registering for and/or attending the Event, all Delegates agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions. It is the Delegate's responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions.
4. In order to attend the event as a delegate, participants must purchase a ticket/confirm their attendance by 12pm on June 21.
5. Details of the Delegate place at the Event will be confirmed by the Organiser once the completed booking is received by the Organiser.
6. Delegate places at the Event are limited. Places are subject to availability.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel your Delegate place at any time and for whatever reason (including without limitation cancellation of the Event).
8. In the event of fire, flood or without limit other causes that the Organiser reasonably believes to be substantial or that are beyond the Organiser's control, the Organiser reserves the right to change the times, dates and the platform of the Event, without incurring any liability to you.
9. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend or cancel sessions or events at the Event at any time.
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. These Terms and Conditions, together with the registration form, constitute the entire agreement of the parties. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement. Each Delegate shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them in all respects.
12. These Terms and Conditions may not be modified, amended or rescinded, in whole or in part, except by written amendments signed by both parties.
13. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, the Delegate agrees not to hold the Organiser liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by the Delegate during the course of the Event, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through registering for the Event, attending the Event, alteration of the Event schedule, cancellation of the Event, or any error or omission on the part of the Organiser.
14. The Delegate by accepting these Terms and Conditions hereby warrants that he is attending the Event in the course of his or her business and indemnifies the Organiser and its servants and agents against and hold it harmless from all or any loss or damage, injury, actions, proceedings or claims arising from any act or omission of the Delegate during the course of the Event.
15. Any personal information provided as part of the Event registration is used for the purpose for which it has been provided (including but without limitation, providing delegate data including delegate names, job titles and their respective business name in delegate lists to be distributed and/or displayed at the Event).
16. Data Protection: In completing and submitting the registration form, Delegates agree (or it is agreed by the booker on their behalf) that the Organiser may periodically contact Delegates with details of events and services that may be of interest to them. The Organiser may also pass their names and contact details on to other organisations within the Organiser's group or other third parties such as sponsors.
17. If Delegates do not wish to be contacted for any of the purposes outlined in clause 16 above, they may opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the online registration process for the Event.
18. Delegates acknowledge that recording, photography and/or filming may take place at the Event and as such they may be recorded, photographed and/or filmed. Such resulting recording, film and/or photographs will be used for news purposes and by PPA for promotional purposes, as PPA sees fit at its sole discretion.
19. In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any Delegate in the view of the Organiser or the Event platform operator, the Delegate may be refused entry to or asked to leave and excluded from the Briefing without compensation.
Professional Publishers Association Limited Registered in England no. 00132310 VAT Registration no. 341 1391 90